Welcome to the Brigade website and thanks for visiting.
The website is owned by BaxterStorey (company number 01962583) trading as Brigade for the purposes of operating the Brigade restaurant and cook school (“Brigade”. We are registered in England and Wales and our registered office is TVP2, 300 Thames Valley Park Drive, Reading, Berkshire, RG6 1PT.
All rights, including copyright and intellectual property rights, in and to this website including all graphics, photographs, text, artwork, logos, trademarks, visual interface, user interface and any computer code are owned by or licensed to Brigade. This means that you can use the content from this website for your own personal use, but you may not use any content on your own website or in any other public or commercial manner. If you want to do this, you must get our prior written consent. Any unauthorised use may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
LINKS TO AND FROM OTHER WEBSITES
If you want to link to our website, please let us know before you do as you need to have our permission. If you would like to do so, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org. We have the right to withdraw linking permission at any time and without prior notice.
We provide links to other websites from time to time and this is done for your convenience, often to provide you with further information on something. Just because we link to a website, does not mean we endorse the website(s) and we cannot be responsible for the content of the linked websites. If you use the links and leave this website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE
We want you to be able to access our website 24/7 by as many methods of internet connection as possible and we will try and make sure you can; however, we can’t be liable to you if for any reason the website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
The website may be suspended temporarily or permanently and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond our control.
VISITOR MATERIAL AND CONDUCT
In keeping with the character and spirit of the website you are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from the website any material:
a) that is threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, seditious, offensive, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy or which may cause annoyance or inconvenience; or
b) for which you have not obtained all necessary licences and/or approvals; or
c) which constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law of or infringe the rights of any third party, in any country in the world; or
d) which is technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data).
You may not misuse the website including, without limitation, by hacking.
We shall fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or locate anyone posting any material in breach of the above. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our website will cease immediately.
The information contained on our website provides general information about Brigade and the products and services we offer. Whilst every care is taken with the preparation of the content on the website, we do not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions on the website. The content on the website may be out of date, and we make no commitment to update such content. Where we provide details of our menus, we make no promise that those menus will be available on a particular day; all menus are subject to availability and subject to change from time to time without warning.
Accordingly, to the maximum extent permitted by law, we provide you with the website on the basis that we exclude all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms (including without limitation the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found on the website for any particular purpose). In particular, we do not represent or warrant that the website will be error-free, free of viruses or other harmful components, or that defects will be corrected. You must take your own precautions in this respect.
LIABILITY - PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY
Neither we; nor our affiliates; nor anyone else who has helped develop, create, produce, maintain or deliver our website or the content of our website; nor officers, directors, employees, shareholders or agents of the afore mentioned shall be liable or responsible for any amount or kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party (including without limitation, any direct, indirect, punitive or consequential loss or damages, or any loss of income, profits, goodwill, data, contracts, use of money, or loss or damages arising from or connected in any way to business interruption, and whether in tort (including without limitation negligence), contract or otherwise) in connection with or as a result of:
• the use of, or the inability to use, the website in any way;
• the use of, or reliance on, the content of the website;
• any websites linked to the website or the material on such third party websites; or
• any viruses that may infect your computer equipment, software, data or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing the website or your downloading of any material from the website or any websites linked to the website.
Please note that nothing shall exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence (as such term is defined by the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977), fraud or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter or any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
Please note that we may revise these terms at any time by updating this page. We recommend that you check this page from time to time to review these terms because they are binding on you.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
These terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Disputes arising in connection with these terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
If you have any concerns or queries about material which appears on our website, have any suggestions for improvements, or if you have questions about your use of this website or these terms, please email us at email@example.com. Our postal address for correspondence is Brigade c/o BaxterStorey Limited, TVP 2, 300 Thames Valley Park Drive, Reading, Berkshire, RG6 1PT.
Brigade is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
We keep certain basic information when you visit our website or do business with us and we recognise the importance of keeping that information secure and letting you know what we will do with it. This policy sets out the basis on which we collect, store and use any personal data which we learn about you from your use of our website. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“Act”), the data controller is BaxterStorey Limited whose registered office is TVP2, 300 Thames Valley Park Drive, Reading, Berkshire, RG6 1PT, registered in England and Wales with company number 01962583. BaxterStorey Limited trades as Brigade for the purposes of operating the Brigade restaurant and cook school (“Brigade”).
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect, store, use or otherwise process the following data about you:
• Information you give us. You may provide us with information by filling in forms on any of our website or through any manner of correspondence with us in relation to the services or goods we provide you (including a record of that correspondence or those services or goods). This includes information provided when making any enquiry in relation to our website, venues or services; making a reservation for our restaurant, private dining areas or cook school; contacting us in relation to a problem with our website; and/or contacting us for any other reason.
• Information we collect about you via cookies. We may also obtain information by using a cookie file which is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies help us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our website and also allows us to continuously improve our website.
Analytical/performance cookies are used to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. The information collected may relate to your computer (e.g. IP address, location data, related website information, browser type and operating system) as well as your visit to our website (e.g. traffic patterns) but the information will generally be statistical data without connecting to you as an individual. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily and to report aggregate information to any third parties for marketing, advertising, auditing usage or other promotional purposes.
You can delete cookies from your hard drive at any time. You can also block cookies by activating the setting on your browser (usually found in the “options” or “preferences” menu) that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. You will be able to use our website even if your browser is set to block cookies however, certain features and content may not be available to you.
USES MADE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
• To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or device.
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our website (when you choose to do so).
• To notify you about changes to our services.
• To administer our website and to ensure it is kept safe and secure.
We may also permit carefully selected third parties to use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and they may contact you about these where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use trusted third party service providers from time to time to provide you with the goods and services available via our website including DesignMyNight.com when you book a table. Brigade do not store any payment information whatsoever.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
• Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you (or you enter in with them through us).
• Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
HOW WE WILL PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
You have the right to:
• access a copy of the information which we hold about you. Any access request is subject to a fee of &:pound;10 (cheques to be made payable to BaxterStorey Limited) to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you;
• ask us to update, correct or remove any out-of-date or incorrect personal data which we hold about you. We may also ask you from time to time to correct information if we think it is no longer inaccurate; and
• ask us not to send you any marketing communications. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes – you can exercise your right to opt out of marketing communications at that point by checking the relevant box on the form used to collect your information or at any point in future (even if you have previously agreed to us sending you marketing communications).
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us on the contact details listed below. To exercise your right to opt out of marketing communications, you may also use the unsubscribe link on any email we send you.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties, our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates.